I have always been a big believer in eating a nutritious and filling breakfast. I often times have to eat breakfast on the go, pre class or post run, and thus love to have an easy-made meal. I created this “Everything Oatmeal” to include many of my favorite superfoods and all it needs is hot water!
At the start of each week, I prepare individual oatmeal packs for my morning and this recipe reflects one morning’s serving. In addition, it features the delicious Wild Friends nut butter, who sponsors one of my female distance running heroes, Alexi Pappas– check out ROO #9 podcast to learn more about her!
- 3/4 cup of quick oats (Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Quick Cooking Oats is my preference)
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon of hemp hearts
- 1 teaspoon of mulberries
- 1 teaspoon of goji berries
- 1 teaspoon of coconut flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon of cacao nibs
- 1 banana
- 1 scoop of Wild Friends nut butter! (my favorite is the coconut chocolate peanut butter!)
In a bowl, mix the oatmeal ingredients with hot water. Wait two minutes and then add a banana and Wild Friends nut butter on top!