As you may remember from my Mystic Mountain Mama and Coconut Revive recipes, one of my favorite restaurants in Cambridge is Life Alive. They make scrumptious, nourishing meals that are primarily plant-based. I highly recommend visiting their restaurants if you are in the Boston area (they also have locations in Lowell and Salem)!
My go-to warm meal at Life Alive is their Healer Bowl. I have recreated and renamed it the Helpful Healer Bowl. Anytime I find I need to reset my palate, this meal does just that. The zesty earthy, and nutritious ingredients help heal me from the inside-out.
- Brown rice
- Kelp (I bought my kelp from Maine Coast Sea Vegetables at Whole Foods)
- Nutritional Yeast
- Grapeseed Oil
- Braggs Liquid Amino Acids
- Cook brown rice
- Soak kelp for 10 minutes and then simmer for 20 minutes over low heat.
- Saute kale with garlic and set aside
- Steam broccoli and set aside
- Mix sauce ingredients (lemon juice, grapeseed oil, and Braggs Liquid Amino Acids)
- Add brown rice, kale, kelp, broccoli in a bowl. Pour sauce over bowl ingredients and season with nutritional yeast.