I can still remember discovering Angela Liddon’s blog Oh She Glows for the first time and being absolutely in awe at her delicious, innovative, and colorful plant-based creations. When she published The Oh She Glows Cookbook in March 2014, I had it on pre-order before it was out! One of my favorite recipes is her “Ultimate Nutty Granola Clusters.” I have adapted the recipe to include even more nuts and enjoy it best with a scoop of Nuttzo over my Buddhaful Smoothie!
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup walnut halves or pieces
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 3 cups of gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 °F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the food processor, place 1/2 cup of almonds and process for about 10 seconds, until a fine meal forms. Transfer the almond meal into large bowl.
- In the food processor, place the remaining 1/2 cup of almonds, 1/2 cup of walnuts, and 1/2 cup of pecans pieces and process for 5-7 seconds until finely chopped. You should have some larger pieces and crumbly meal. Add the nut mixture to the large bowl with the lmond meal.
- Add the oats, cranberries, sunflower seeds, coconut shreds, cinnamon, and salt to the large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the honey, melted coconut oil, and vanilla extract to the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Spread the granola layer on the prepared baking sheet and gently press down to compact it slightly. Bake for 20 minutes, then rotate the pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes more.
- Cool the granola on the pan for at least 1 hour before eating.