“I definitely get energy from the crowd. And that can be both good and bad because I’m a performer, so when there is a crowd and people watching me, I want perform and I want to be running my best.”
In this episode, Liz Anjos, musician known as Pink Feathers, keys and vocalist for RAC, and runner for the Oiselle Team, explores the performative experience of running and music. Liz shares the meaning behind Pink Feathers, her solo music act, and reflects on her classical piano background. Liz discusses how she balances marathon training when she is on tour with RAC, including a recount of her most recent training for the Berlin Marathon. She reveals her creative process when writing music and what inspires her songs. Lastly, Liz explains the importance of the Oiselle Team in her life, from the motivational sisterhood to the community support in chasing her dreams.
- Pink Feathers’ Website
- Liz’s Running Blog
- Pink Feathers’ Twitter: @pinkfeathers
- Pink Feathers’ Instagram: @pinkfeathrs
- Pink Feathers on iTunes
- Pink Feathers on Spotify
- RAC Website
- Subscribe to The Running On Om podcast on iTunes
- Leave a written review of the podcast on iTunes
- Tweet or email a screenshot of your review to @runningonom or email@example.com. Entries accepted until 11:59pm EST October 31, 2015. Winner will be randomly chosen and announced by November 2, 2015. If you have already written a review, you are still eligible to enter the giveaway by submitting a screenshot of your past review.
- Podcast outro song: “Ghosts” by Pink Feathers from her album, Invisible Lines