“Get an idea behind what am I doing at every stage of the game to help develop that own inner athlete as far as posture side, stability side, body awareness side. All of those elements have to come together to really make people better.”
In this episode, Jay Dicharry, expert in biomechanical analysis, physical therapist, and director of the REP Lab, explores what it means to develop your inner athlete so that you can perform at your best, stay uninjured, and live your healthiest life. Jay explains how he became interested in the art of running injury-free: from his technique-driven background as a competitive swimmer to being an injury-prone high school cross country runner. He discusses his inspiration to study physical therapy and how he expanded his PT work to fuse the fields of clinical practice and engineering at the University of Virginia’s Speed Clinic, where he refined his knowledge of biomechanical analysis. Jay explores why humans are meant to run, yet must also respect the principles of uniqueness and uniformity in developing one’s inner athlete. He provides insight from his current work at the REP Lab in Bend, Oregon, where he empowers athletes to correct imbalances before they affect one’s performance. Lastly, Jay shares what inspires him now, from research projects to his own training.
- Jay’s REP Lab
- Buy Jay’s Book “Anatomy for Runners” on Amazon
- Jay’s Blog
- Jay’s REP Twitter: @ReboundPhysio
- REP Lab Facebook
- Jay’s REP Instagram: @ReboundPhysio
- Jay’s Instagram: @jaydicharry
* InsideTracker Discount for ROO Listeners:
- Receive 15% off any InsideTracker Plan from 10/5-10/11/15 by using the full name of the podcast as the discount code at checkout
- Receive 10% off any InsideTracker Plan from 10/12/15 onwards by using the full name of the podcast as the discount code at checkout
- What is Inside Tracker? A personalized health analytics company that gives YOU nutrition and lifestyle recommendations based on a thorough analysis of your blood and physiological data. InsideTracker has numerous different plans, of varying specificity, that will provide simple and sustainable nutrition and lifestyle recommendations to follow. To learn more about InsideTracker’s life changing plans, visit: https://www.insidetracker.com/customer/onboarding/choose-plan/
- Subscribe to The Running On Om podcast on iTunes
- Leave a written review of the podcast on iTunes
- Tweet or email a screenshot of your review to @runningonom or firstname.lastname@example.org. Entries accepted until 11:59pm EST October 31, 2015. Winner will be randomly chosen and announced by November 2, 2015. If you have already written a review, you are still eligible to enter the giveaway by submitting a screenshot of your past review.