“Take ownership of your trajectory for yourself. That power that you’re projecting onto me, take that power for yourself. Use that to guide yourself. You can get inspiration and information from people out there, but ultimately this has to be a self-directed journey.”
In this episode, Rich Roll, ultra-endurance triathlete, plant-based nutrition advocate, podcast host, writer, and public speaker explores how to take ownership of your evolution. Rich discusses the process of letting go of control in both his creative endeavors and interpersonal relationships. He reflects on his path of recovery with alcoholism. Rich provides insight on the importance of endurance sports in maintaining his sobriety. Rich reveals the joys and challenges of being a husband and father to four children. Lastly, Rich discusses the Rich Roll podcast community, including his vision for it’s growth.
- Rich’s Website
- The Rich Roll Podcast on iTunes
- Rich’s Twitter: @richroll
- Rich’s Instagram: @richroll
- Rich’s book The Plantpower Way
- Rich’s book Finding Ultra
* InsideTracker Discount for ROO Listeners:
- Receive 10% off any InsideTracker Plan with using the full name of the podcast as the discount code at checkout
- What is Inside Tracker? A personalized health analytics company that gives YOU nutrition and lifestyle recommendations based on a thorough analysis of your blood and physiological data. InsideTracker has numerous different plans, of varying specificity, that will provide simple and sustainable nutrition and lifestyle recommendations to follow. To learn more about InsideTracker’s life changing plans, visit: https://www.insidetracker.com/customer/onboarding/choose-plan/
- Subscribe to The Running On Om podcast on iTunes
- Leave a written review of the podcast on iTunes
- Tweet or email a screenshot of your review to @runningonom or firstname.lastname@example.org. Entries accepted until 11:59pm PST November 30, 2015. Winner will be randomly chosen and announced by December 2, 2015. If you have already written a review, you are still eligible to enter the giveaway by submitting a screenshot of your past review.
- The Oiselle outfit features a Wazzie Wool Base Layer in black and Lux Pants.