“A lot of the times the same battles you are fighting in races is your body is in a lot of pain and you are trying to figure out a way to push through it and convince your body to keep going.”
In this episode, Garrett Heath, professional runner for Brooks, discusses the power of following your own path in running. Garrett reflects on his various coaching experiences, from being self-coached to recently joining the Brooks Beasts Track Club in Seattle. He tells the story of how he began running in second grade to discovering a passion for nordic skiing in high school. Garrett recounts the experience of breaking four minutes in the mile as a student at Stanford University and explains why he choose to focus on middle distance in college. He explores the role of mental strength in his recent wins at the 2016 Great Edinburgh Cross Country and the 2015 US Club Cross Country Championship. Lastly, Garrett reveals how he keeps a strong passion for running amidst his day to day training regimen.
Podcast Sponsored by Thrive Market:
- Visit thrivemarket.com/partner/runningonom to get your free 30 day trial and 20% off your first order: Thrive Market is on a mission to make healthy living easy and affordable for everyone. This online grocer offers all the non-GMO foods and healthy products you love at 25-50% below retail prices— shipped nationally to your door for free within 2 to 3 days!
Jaybird Reign Giveaway – Enter to win by:
- 1. Subscribe to The Running On Om podcast on iTunes
- 2. Leave a written review of the podcast on iTunes
- 3. Email a screenshot of your review to firstname.lastname@example.org. Giveaway ends on February 29, 2016. A winner will be randomly chosen and announced by March 2, 2016. If you have already written a review, you are still eligible to enter the giveaway by submitting a screenshot of your past review.
- Garrett’s Instagram: @garrettheath
- Garrett’s Twitter: @_garrettheath
- Garrett’s Articles in Spikes and Runner’s World
How to Listen to ROO?