“Overtime, over about a year, it just turned into this momentum of pushing it because I was emotionally distraught. And then it turned into, ‘Wait a minute, this feels so good. Oh, wait a minute, I’m getting faster. Oh wait a minute, I’m getting faster and I’m getting confident.’”
In this episode, Andrea Duke, runner, mother, and professor, discusses embodying feminine fierce in her many roles. Andrea shares about her running journey, from being a passionate recreational runner who has completed over 45 marathons to her recent breakthrough into elite marathoning. She explores how being a mother has changed her running. Andrea discusses integrating her PhD focus on gender issues in sports and entertainment into her work as a professor and in her own relationship to social media. She recounts the story of qualifying for the Olympic Trials at the 2014 Chicago Marathon. Andrea explains her approach to the 2016 Olympic Trials race as a celebration and dedication of every mile. Lastly, Andrea reflects on the power of music in her life and reveals her upcoming transition to obstacle course racing.
Podcast Sponsored by Generation UCAN:
- Visit generationucan.com/ucanroo to receive 15% off on any Generation UCAN product with code “UCANROOO” at checkout. Generation UCAN is powered by SuperStarch, a revolutionary carbohydrate that slowly releases into your body and keeps your blood sugar steady, helps burn fat for fuel, is gentle on your stomach, improves body composition, and optimizes recovery. Generation UCAN’s products contain no added sugars, are non-GMO, and gluten-free— stay healthy, energized, and fit with UCAN’s innovative nutrition!
- Generation UCAN Fitness Trial Pack Giveaway – Enter to win by:
- Subscribe to The Running On Om podcast on iTunes
- Leave a written review of the podcast on iTunes
- Email a screenshot of your review to email@example.com. Giveaway ends on March 31st, 2016. If you have already written a review, you are still eligible to enter the giveaway by submitting a screenshot of your past review.
How to Listen to ROO?