“I hadn’t wanted to run 100 miles, it hadn’t been on my radar. But again, I followed that inspiration, like that idea came to me and I couldn’t let it go. But I was like, ‘I see that inspiration and I’m going to follow that,’ and that’s how I want to run.”
In this episode, Devon Yanko, professional runner for Oiselle and co-owner of M.H. Bread and Butter Bakery, discusses what it means to follow your inspiration. Devon reflects on her running background, from her youth as a competitive basketball player to discovering the half marathon in college. She reveals the challenges she faced at her recent win at the Sean O’Brien 100 km race where she earned a spot into the prestigious 2016 Western States 100. Devon recounts the journey of starting M.H. Bread and Butter Bakery and how she balancing running the bakery with her training. She explores the influence that the community and leadership of Oiselle has had on her life. Lastly, Devon previews upcoming races on her calendar.
InsideTracker Giveaway for ROO Listeners:
- Optimize your health and training with the High Performance Plan with the code “HPJULIA” and be eligible to win InsideTracker’s most extensive test, The Ultimate, before March 31st, 2016 at insidetracker.com/high-performance.
- Why start with the High Performance Plan? It tests for the 10 most essential biomarkers that impact your rest and recovery, strength, power and endurance, is the most cost effective and efficient test for active individuals, can be ordered online, doesn’t require you fast before the test, can be administrated at a blood testing facility near where you live, and it’s results will provide you with lifestyle and nutrition recommendations tailored to your body and activity level.
- Devon’s Website
- Devon’s Twitter: @fast_foodie
- Devon’s Instagram: @fastfoodie
- M.H. Bread and Butter Bakery’s Website
How to Listen to ROO?