“From that day forward for the last 10 years or so, I’ve always focused on that fun aspect, which is partly why I do so many different things and why I’ve played in long trail races, short trail races, road races, obstacle course races— it’s because of that fun.”
In this episode, Max King, professional runner, discusses what it means to find joy, strength, and speed across every distance. Max recalls his running background, from cultivating a love of trail running in his youth to discovering the steeplechase in college. He recounts his recent 12th place finish at the 2016 Olympic Trials Marathon, including his race strategy and training before. Max explores his running philosophy that guides his coaching and training, grounded in speed, strength, and having fun. He shares about the importance of sharing his love of running with youth, including details on his upcoming trail running camp for high schoolers. Max reflects on his running inspirations and the influence that being a father has had on his running. Lastly, Max reveals how he stays uninjured in his training and previews races on his calendar for 2016.
Podcast Sponsored by ThermaRoller:
- Turbocharge your rolling routine with ThermaRoller: Receive 40% off your order with code “RUNNINGONOM40” at checkout (buy complete package with roller or if you already on a standard foam roller, buy just the sleeve). ThermaRoller is the most effective rolling product as it combines heat therapy, cold therapy, and pressure massage. ThermaRoller can turn any standard foam roller into a dynamic 3 in 1 recovery system with it’s easy-to-use hot/cold sleeve.
Podcast Sponsored by Generation UCAN:
- Visit generationucan.com/ucanroo to receive 15% off on any Generation UCAN product with code “UCANROOO” at checkout. Generation UCAN is powered by SuperStarch, a revolutionary carbohydrate that slowly releases into your body and keeps your blood sugar steady, helps burn fat for fuel, is gentle on your stomach, improves body composition, and optimizes recovery. Generation UCAN’s products contain no added sugars, are non-GMO, and gluten-free— stay healthy, energized, and fit with UCAN’s innovative nutrition!
- Generation UCAN Fitness Trial Pack Giveaway – Enter to win by:
- 1. Subscribe to The Running On Om podcast on iTunes
- 2. Leave a written review of the podcast on iTunes
- Email a screenshot of your review to firstname.lastname@example.org. Giveaway ends on March 31st, 2016. If you have already written a review, you are still eligible to enter the giveaway by submitting a screenshot of your past review.
- Max’s Website
- Max’s Trail Running Camp Website
Max’s Twitter: @MaxKingOR
Max’s Instagram: @MaxKingOR
How to Listen to ROO?