“Our core wounds lead us to our greatest gifts. How can we turn what was lacking and what was heartbreaking into service in a way that is empathetic and not sympathetic?”
In this interview, Dr. Melody Moore, clinical psychologist, yoga teacher, author, activist, and founder of the Embody Love Movement, explores healing eating disorders through yoga and self love. Melody explains the inspiration behind founding Embody Love Movement and it’s service model as essential for relapse prevention. She tells the story of her relationship with food and body image and how we can turn our wounds into our greatest gifts. Melody discusses the impact family has on eating disorders and addiction. She explores why eating disorders are driven by our capitalist culture and how we can use yoga and self love practices to heal them. Melody reflects on why she transitioned from a private therapy practice to teaching internationally with Embody Love Movement. Lastly, Melody previews exciting projects and workshops on her calendar for 2016.
Podcast Sponsored by NeoCart Clinical Trial for Chronic Knee Pain:
- NeoCart is an investigational cartilage tissue implant grown from a patient’s own cells for those who face chronic knee pain or a knee injury. The NeoCart procedure uses regenerative medicine technology that could provide an alternative to the standard-of-care microfracture surgery that if you have struggled with knee pain, you may have already been presented with. The NeoCart Clinical Trial is for athletes, yogis, ANYONE between the ages of 18 and 59, who suffers from pain in one knee.
- To find out more text knee17 to 87888 or call (844) 238-KNEE/5633. If you want to learn more about the NeoCart Clinical Trial, visit neocartimplant.com. (Caution: New Biologic. Limited by Federal law to investigational use only and is not available for sale).
- Melody’s Website
- Embody Love Movement’s Website
- Melody’s Facebook
- Melody’s Instagram: @drmelodymoore
- Melody’s Twitter: @drmelodymoore
How to Listen to ROO?