“The fact that running rewards regularity means that then I do it everyday. And so then I appreciate that that’s built into the structure of running, so then everyday I have an excuse to get outside and enjoy movement.”
In this episode, Scott Douglas, runner, author, and senior content editor for the Runner’s World website shares lessons learned from running and writing. Scott covers the following topics:
- Scott’s development as a runner and the various inspirations behind his training
- What Scott learned from Kenyan distance runners when living in Iten
- Why running rewards regularity
- Scott’s writing collaboration with Meb Keflezighi
- Intersection between depression and running
- Scott’s advice on the art of interviewing
- Running bucket lists
Support ROO on Patreon: Patreon is a platform where you can donate to the podcast so that I can continue to offer the highest quality ROO podcasts for free. For as little as $2, you can get insider access into the podcast, behind the scenes clips from recording sessions, opportunities to be coached by me, and get a personal shout out on the podcast. Any amount of support helps!
- Scott’s Website
- Scott’s Writing Archive on Runner’s World
- Scott’s Twitter: @mescottdouglas
- Scott’s Instagram: @scottdouglasme
How to Listen to ROO?