“Doing things in a really authentic and true way is important to me. I’d say not allowing other people’s definition of success or industry definitions of success to define my life experience and sport experience. Hopefully that I would like that people say that I helped give them permission to do the same thing. To value their own definition of success above the external definition of success.”
In this episode, Lauren Fleshman, professional runner for Oiselle, writer, cofounder of Picky Bars, mother, and coach of Little Wing, discusses how to harness the superpower of authenticity. Lauren reflects on her relationship with writing, from the creative process to overcoming the fear of sharing poignant work. She explores how she navigates the principles of sport psychology with the reality of being a multi-dimensional human being. Lauren recounts the story of how she met Jesse Thomas, her husband, professional triathlete, and cofounder of Picky Bars. She shares lessons she has learned from her Oiselle run-family. Lauren explains her recent achilles area surgery and her plan to return to running. She reflects on the role of family in her life, from balancing motherhood with running to the impact of her father’s recent death. Lastly, Lauren explores her superpower of authenticity and how it inspires her dreams for her life and the upcoming year.
- Lauren’s Ask Lauren Fleshman Website
- Lauren’s Twitter: @laurenfleshman
- Lauren’s Instagram: @fleshmanflyer
- Lauren’s Facebook
* InsideTracker Discount for ROO Listeners:
- Receive 15% off any InsideTracker Plan from 10/5-10/11/15 by using the full name of the podcast as the discount code at checkout
- Receive 10% off any InsideTracker Plan from 10/12/15 onwards by using the full name of the podcast as the discount code at checkout
- What is Inside Tracker? A personalized health analytics company that gives YOU nutrition and lifestyle recommendations based on a thorough analysis of your blood and physiological data. InsideTracker has numerous different plans, of varying specificity, that will provide simple and sustainable nutrition and lifestyle recommendations to follow. To learn more about InsideTracker’s life changing plans, visit: https://www.insidetracker.com/customer/onboarding/choose-plan/
- Subscribe to The Running On Om podcast on iTunes
- Leave a written review of the podcast on iTunes
- Tweet or email a screenshot of your review to @runningonom or email@example.com. Entries accepted until 11:59pm EST October 31, 2015. Winner will be randomly chosen and announced by November 2, 2015. If you have already written a review, you are still eligible to enter the giveaway by submitting a screenshot of your past review.