“So much of girls sports is still modeled on plugging girls into a boys program, into a boys coaching mold, competitive mold, and expectation mold.”
Ask Lauren Fleshman is a monthly series on Running On Om, where Lauren Fleshman, professional runner, coach, mother, business owner, and writer, answers listeners questions on all things that pop up when living an athletic life— motivation, injuries, relationship issues, nutrition, body image, you name it.
In this episode, Lauren answers listeners questions on the following topics:
- How to balance training and running goals with motherhood and a full-time job
- The importance of recovery and process-based goals for masters runners chasing fast times
- Why high school runners should not loose weight for competition
- How to manage one’s creative endeavors with their passion for running
- Balancing gratitude for a partner’s repeated sacrifices of time spent together with a continued commitment to the demands of running training
- The role of dissatisfaction in weight-related running goals
- What key lessons Lauren has learned from her son?
Podcast Sponsored by Jaybird’s Reign:
- Exclusive Jaybird Reign Discount for ROO Listeners:
- Jaybird Reign Giveaway – Enter to win by:
- 1. Subscribe to The Running On Om podcast on iTunes
- 2. Leave a written review of the podcast on iTunes
- 3. Email a screenshot of your review to firstname.lastname@example.org. Giveaway ends on February 29, 2016. A winner will be randomly chosen and announced by March 2, 2016. If you have already written a review, you are still eligible to enter the giveaway by submitting a screenshot of your past review.
- Lauren’s Past ROO Episodes: ROO #171 Ask Lauren Fleshman and ROO Podcast #149
- Lauren’s Ask Lauren Fleshman Website
- Lauren’s Twitter: @laurenfleshman
- Lauren’s Instagram: @fleshmanflyer
- Lauren’s Facebook
How to Listen to ROO?