Listen to the Podcast & Subscribe on iTunes
“The course isn’t always smooth sailing. There is always going to be bumps, waves, and things along the way. You have to be determined to make progress and keep moving forward.”
In this episode, Mario Fraioli, writer, coach, and runner explores what it means to stay the course in running and writing. Mario covers the following topics:
Support ROO on Patreon: Patreon
- How Mario’s love of basketball in his youth led him to running
- Why hard work paired with a competitive spirit have been paramount to his success
- The two most memorable races of Mario’s college career: a win and a loss
- How he overcame his battle with an eating disorder as a post-collegiate athlete
- Reflections on coaching César Lizano at the 2012 London Olympics
- Mario’s career path as a writer and his experiences as a senior editor at Competitor magazine for 6 years
- How we can make changes to the drug and doping culture in running
- Mario’s relationship with running now rooted in friendship and joy
is a platform where you can donate to the podcast so that I can continue to offer the highest quality ROO podcasts for free. For as little as $2, you can get insider access into the podcast, behind the scenes clips from recording sessions, opportunities to be coached by me, and get a personal shout out on the podcast. Any amount of support helps!
How to Listen to ROO?