One of my favorite recipes from Rich Roll and Julie Piatt’s “The Plantpower Way,” is their One Bowls. The One Bowl allows for creativity, balanced nourishment, and is an easy-to-assemble lunch or dinner. One Bowl consists of five general categories, a legume, a grain, a green, a whole food, and a sauce. I was inspired to develop a One Love Bowl with my loves, Hilary’s Eat Well Root Veggie Burger and a new ROO sauce I have been enjoying.
- Handful of sprouted beans (legume)
- 2 Hilary’s Eat Well Root Veggie Burgers (grain)
- Handful of kale, sautéed (green)
- Beet and carrots, raw and shredded (whole food)
- Zesty Miso Tahini Sauce: (sauce) *Makes 1 cup, refrigerate for later use
- 1/4 cup white miso
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoon minced ginger
- Sauté the kale
- Shred the beets and carrots
- Prepare ROO’s Zesty Miso Tahini Sauce in a blender and set aside.
- Cook the Hilary’s Eat Well Root Veggie Burgers and make into hearts.
- Mix the kale, beets, carrots, sprouted beans, and root veggie burger hearts into one bowl. Dress with ROO’s Zesty Miso Tahini Sauce and feel the One Love!