“Sometimes people think that yoga is like a handstand or holding crow pose, or its something really tricky or it looks tricky or it looks hard. And yoga is connecting what your head is doing to what your body is doing and having your breath be in-between there.”
In this episode, Bonnie Weeks, yogi, fitness lover, mother, and blogger, reflects on the power of Instagram, as her renowned account @carrot_bowl_bonnie, has opened her heart and life to a new community and spiritual practice. Bonnie discusses her athletic background from her youth in Montana to discovering a passion for running in college. She provides insight on how to find motivation to workout at home, from her daily yoga and strength training practices. Bonnie reflects on the impact Instagram challenges had on introducing her to the transformative power of yoga. She explores how her yoga practice and Mormon faith intersect in her life. Lastly, Bonnie recounts the unexpected journey her growing Instagram following has had on her life, including the mentors and friends she has connected with along the way.
* Podcast Sponsored by YogiTriathlete: lifestyle and wellness coaching led by Jessica and Brian Gumkowski. YogiTriathlete offers triathlon and run coaching, mindfulness and meditation sessions, yoga classes, plant based nutrition counseling, workshops, and talks. Jessica and Brian’s coaching philosophy is grounded in the belief that by learning tools to train your body and mind, you can achieve your goals with more ease and free yourself from the constraints of your mind. Visit yogitriathlete.com to contact Brian and Jessica about coaching and by mentioning the ROO podcast, you will receive 20% off three months of triathlon or run coaching. Also, learn more about Jessica and Brian, listen to “ROO #159 on Practicing Presence in Partnership.”
* Jaybird X2 Giveaway – Enter to win these wireless, bluetooth, sweat-proof, and 8-hour battery life powered headphones:
- Subscribe to The Running On Om podcast on iTunes
- Leave a written review of the podcast on iTunes
- Email a screenshot of your review to email@example.com. Giveaway ends on January 31st, 2016. Winners will be randomly chosen and announced by February 2, 2016. If you have already written a review, you are still eligible to enter the giveaway by submitting a screenshot of your past review.
* Exclusive Jaybird X2 Discount for ROO Listeners:
- Receive 30% off the incredible Jaybird X2 headphones with the code “ROOX230” at checkout. Visit jaybirdsport.com. Power your passion! Discount ends on January 31st, 2016.
How to Listen to ROO?