“I wasn’t a value added because I was a female pilot. I was a value added because I was a pilot that had the skills that the squadron needed who happened to be a woman.”
In this episode, Kyleanne Hunter, former attack fighter pilot, scholar, activist, and athlete, discusses gender equality in the military and beyond. Kyleanne covers the following topics:
- The roles of compassion, competition, and community in Kyleanne’s athletic endeavors
- Being the first female attack fighter pilot in her Marine Corps squadron
- How we can bring gender equality to the military
- Reflections on the upcoming presidential election
- What Kyleanne is afraid of and what inspires her
Support ROO on Patreon: Patreon is a platform where you can donate to the podcast so that I can continue to offer the highest quality ROO podcasts for free. For as little as $2, you can get insider access into the podcast, behind the scenes clips from recording sessions, opportunities to be coached by me, and get a personal shout out on the podcast. Any amount of support helps!
How to Listen to ROO?