“I need to put this on my body. I need to run in prayer and dedicate this whole run, don’t care about time, don’t care about how you place, this isn’t about trying to run fast, this is about me devoting this time to raise awareness, but to also honor and offer prayers, to those that have been taken from our communities and their families, to pray for their families, to pray for our communities and to prayer for a future that is free from this violence for indigenous people”
– Jordan Marie Brings Three White Horses Daniel
Jordan Marie Brings Three White Horses Daniel is a citizen of the Kul Wicasa Oyate, the Lower Brule Sioux Tribe in South Dakota. She is a 4th Generation Runner, who started running when she was 10 years old. She is an advocate who focuses on MMIW (Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women), and uses her running as a mechanism for her advocacy work. This episode deeply probes topics near and dear to Jordan’s heart, and covers the following:
- Growing up in South Dakota, and the relationship with her tribe.
- The deep history of running in her family and how that inspired her to start running
- The connection with her Grandfather, Nyal Brings Three White Horses
- Realizing her calling to be an activist and help the future generations
- Running the Boston Marathon and her decision to run in prayer
- Details about MMIW and the challenges that exist
- Managing burnout and non-linear journeys
- How to be an ally to the Indigenous community
- Attending a Division 1 College in Maine, and her experience with running and an eating disorder
- The history of training for the Olympic Trials in her family, and her personal goals for running in the future
Xendurance is a nutrition company based out of Phoenix Arizona, providing high quality nutrition and recovery products for athletes. Xendurance proudly makes products that are science based for optimal health and performance. They have a large Pro-Team of talented athletes, including ROO’s own Soul Sister Abbey Cooper. All their products are made with the finest ingredients and to the highest quality. They are certified by multiple standards and all their products undergo strict analytic testing to comply with the World Anti Doping Agency, International Olympic Committee and other major sporting leagues.
This week's featured product is Lean. Lean is a low-carb, plant-based, all-in-one shake you can enjoy anytime of the day. It's nutritional makeup is both complex and comprehensive, containing elements of a nutrition meal that is a great compliment to a well-balanced diet. With 20 grams of plant protein and organic greens you may choose this as a meal replacement or a midday snack depending on your goals.