“What we see in others and what we want to heal a lot of times is what needs to be healed within us. And so the only way to really see that, to lift the veil, and take the dark glasses off is to sit with ourselves.”
In this episode, Jessica and Brian Gumkowski, creators of Yogi Triathlete and plant based advocates explore what it means to practice presence in partnership. Jessica and Brian recount the sacred story of how they met. They explain how their individual, yet connected journeys into triathlon and the significance of their upcoming Ironman race and wedding anniversary in Cozumel Mexico. Jessica and Brian reflect on the impact of meditation on overcoming adversity in their relationship. They provide insight on how to transform your self talk to build mental toughness in endurance training and interpersonal relationships. Jessica and Brian discuss the growth of the Yogi Triathlete community with yoga workshops and triathlon coaching. Lastly, they share on the power of a plant based diet.
Jessica & Brian’s Links:
- Yogi Triathlete’s Website
- Yoga for Athletes Workshop 11/14/15, lead by Jessica & Brian Info
- Jessica’s Instagram: @yogitriathlete
- Brian’s Instagram: @briangumkowski
- Yogi Triathlete’s Facebook
- Jessica’s Twitter: @yogitriathlete
- Brian’s Twitter: @briangumkowski
- Brian’s Website
- Subscribe to The Running On Om podcast on iTunes
- Leave a written review of the podcast on iTunes
- Tweet or email a screenshot of your review to @runningonom or firstname.lastname@example.org. Entries accepted until 11:59pm PST November 30, 2015. Winner will be randomly chosen and announced by December 2, 2015. If you have already written a review, you are still eligible to enter the giveaway by submitting a screenshot of your past review.
- The Oiselle outfit features a Wazzie Wool Base Layer in black and Lux Pants.