Ask Lauren Fleshman is a monthly series on Running On Om, where Lauren Fleshman, professional runner, coach, mother, business owner, and writer, answers listeners questions on all things that pop up when living an athletic life— motivation, injuries, relationship issues, nutrition, body image, you name it.
In this episode, Lauren answers listeners questions on the following topics:
- How to decide and prioritize which ideas to pursue and which to back burner?
- How to find the time and the creative energy to devote to both running and writing without compromising your relationships?
- Tips for remaining mentally strong when doing workouts by yourself
- Insight on balancing new parenthood, running and working
- Is it better to improve by focusing on your strengths to compensate for your weaknesses, or work on your weaknesses to meet up with your strengths— in both running and writing?
- Navigating the internal and external challenges and expectations that come with a return to running after childbirth
Writing Prompts Lauren shared from Marianne Elliott:
- 1. Set a 2-minute timer and write on the prompt: “What I really want to tell you…”
- 2. Follow #1 with setting a 5-minute timer and write on the prompt “The part I am leaving out is…”
- If you would like to submit your prompts to be read in May’s Ask Lauren Fleshman episode, email them to firstname.lastname@example.org & indicate whether you would prefer to remain anonymous or have your name included.
Podcast Sponsored by LOLA: Lola is a customizable tampon subscription that gives you peace of mind and body. LOLA tampons are 100% hypoallergenic cotton with no added chemicals, fragrances, synthetics or dyes. LOLA’s subscription delivers right to your doorstep! Receive 60% off your first order with the discount code, “RUNNINGONOM” at mylola.com’s checkout.