In this episode, Colin O’Brady, world record holder of the Explorer’s Grand Slam and Seven Summits, discusses the value of hard work, patience, and passion. Colin covers the following topics:
- How Colin’s lifelong pursuit of athletics, from being a nationally-ranked swimmer and soccer player in high school to swimming at Yale, taught him the power of discipline and team work
- Details of Colin’s Beyond 7/2 Expedition in which he set a double world record as the fastest person to summit the highest peak on all seven continents and reach the North Pole in 139 days
- Colin’s story of how being severely burned in a fire after college lead him down the unlikely path to becoming a professional triathlete
- Reflections from each of the 7 seven summits and 2 poles, including the untold and powerful stories of the challenges, set backs, and joys Colin experienced
- The impact that Colin’s meditation practice has on his life and the mantra he used during the Beyond 7/2 expedition
- Beyond 7/2’s mission to raise $1 million dollars to combat childhood obesity.