“Being on a bike is magical. You’re able to not only see, but smell, hear, and feel things. You know— it is so different than being in a car. You’re not really a passenger. You’re a driver.”
In this episode, Chris Raymond, founder of City Rider and experienced cyclist, explores the mental dialogue of cycling, from the fears riding in the city to the challenges of cyclocross racing. Chris recently founded City Rider, a Boston-based company that promotes urban bicycle safety, enjoyment, and awareness through interactive on-road lessons and classroom lectures. He shares his own story as a lifelong cyclist from falling in love with the freedom of the road at age 10 to the mental state he seeks in competition. Chris discusses the importance of yoga in his training and how the mental dialogue of a yoga practice influences his self-talk on a bike. He explains how City Rider’s classes teach everyone that urban cycling is not to be feared but, instead to be enjoyed. Chris reflects on the importance of his vegetarian diet in his riding and recovery. Lastly, Chris reveals upcoming races on his calendar and City Rider events.
- City Rider Website
- City Rider Facebook
- City Rider on Instagram: @cityridercycling
- City Rider on Twitter: @cityriders
- Podcast sponsored by Revolution Why! Revolution Why is a four-day retreat for millennials who want to challenge the status quo and question their relationship with their work, health, food, and other people. It will include workshops on deliberate living, plant-based cooking, yoga, and building your own business with opportunities for skill sharing and fostering life long friendships. Limited amount of spots available, so inquire now on revolutionwhy.com and lets start a revolution together!
* HOKA ONE ONE Shoe Giveaway – Enter to win a free pair of HOKA shoes:
- Subscribe to The Running On Om podcast on iTunes
- Leave a written review of the podcast on iTunes
- Tweet or email a screenshot of your review to @runningonom or firstname.lastname@example.org. Entries accepted until 11:59pm EST September 30, 2015. Winner will be randomly chosen and announced by October 2, 2015. If you have already written a review, you are still eligible to enter the giveaway by submitting a screenshot of your past review.