“Do you not have goals? Do you not have pain? I think every single person in this world has some kind of pain that happens and they think it’s status quo to live with it and it’s not. And people want to be active for life.”
In this episode, Renee and Austin Baillie, runners and co-founders of Recharge Sport, discuss the importance of athletic recovery for athletes of all levels. Renee is a professional marathoner and Austin is an accomplished runner and massage therapist. They explain their running backgrounds, from recounting their first races to the lessons they learned from Mark Wetmore, their coach at the University of Colorado. Renee and Austin reflect on their meeting story and how they balance being business owners and training partners. They discuss how Renee practices recovery in her running training: from the role of recovery in a weekly marathon training cycle to the importance of utilizing various recovery modalities when coming back from injury. Renee and Austin reveal the joys and challenges of owning their own business, including their plans for Recharge Sport. Lastly, Renee and Austin provide accessible athletic recovery tools that everyone can practice.
Renee & Austin’s Links:
- Recharge Sport’s Website
- Recharge Sport’s Facebook
- Recharge Sport’s Twitter: @rechargesport
- Recharge Sport’s Instagram: @rechargesport
* Podcast sponsored by Dan Walters Running, a personal distance running coach who works online and in person with runners of all levels. With a background as an engineer and collegiate runner, Dan’s training is scientific and personalized to YOUR needs. If you love running, are willing to work hard, and want to improve your fitness at any level, contact Dan today. Email Dan at email@example.com and visit DW Running on Facebook.
* InsideTracker Discount for ROO Listeners:
- Receive 10% off any InsideTracker Plan with using the full name of the podcast as the discount code at checkout
- What is Inside Tracker? A personalized health analytics company that gives YOU nutrition and lifestyle recommendations based on a thorough analysis of your blood and physiological data. InsideTracker has numerous different plans, of varying specificity, that will provide simple and sustainable nutrition and lifestyle recommendations to follow. To learn more about InsideTracker’s life changing plans, visit: https://www.insidetracker.com/customer/onboarding/choose-plan/
- Subscribe to The Running On Om podcast on iTunes
- Leave a written review of the podcast on iTunes
- Tweet or email a screenshot of your review to @runningonom or firstname.lastname@example.org. Entries accepted until 11:59pm EST October 31, 2015. Winner will be randomly chosen and announced by November 2, 2015. If you have already written a review, you are still eligible to enter the giveaway by submitting a screenshot of your past review.