“Quite frankly, as hard as it was to be making ends meet, I loved what I was doing and I really saw going back to work as a failure and I didn’t want to be a failure as a yoga teacher.”
In this episode, Karen Fabian, yoga teacher, writer, and creator of Bare Bones Yoga, explores the reality of being a yoga teacher. Karen describes her style of teaching and how she knew she wanted to teach yoga. She discusses the impact of social media on the evolution of yoga in the United States. Karen shares the story of following her dream of starting her own company, Bare Bones Yoga, and the financial challenges she faced along the way. Karen offers insight for those interested in participating in a yoga teacher training. She explains how she practices the principles of yoga in her work as a barista at Starbucks. Lastly, Karen reveals upcoming Bare Bones Yoga projects and events.
- Bare Bones Yoga Website
- Bare Bones Yoga Facebook
- Bare Bones Yoga Twitter: @barebonesyoga
- Bare Bones Yoga Instagram: @barebonesyoga
- Bare Bones Yoga YouTube
- Karen’s Book Stretched on Amazon
- Subscribe to The Running On Om podcast on iTunes
- Leave a written review of the podcast on iTunes
- Tweet or email a screenshot of your review to @runningonom or email@example.com. Entries accepted until 11:59pm EST October 31, 2015. Winner will be randomly chosen and announced by November 2, 2015. If you have already written a review, you are still eligible to enter the giveaway by submitting a screenshot of your past review.