“You can accomplish so much by just getting rid of the distractions and just doing it and having everything else in your life align for that.”
In this episode, Dan Walters, personal running coach and founder of DW Running, discusses a holistic approach to running. Dan reflects on the impact that his father, Dave Walters, accomplished runner and Olympic Trials qualifier, had on his early love of running. He recounts how a running injury in college eventually led him to pursue running coaching. Dan explains his holistic philosophy on running training, that includes nutrition, rest, life stress, and mental focus. He shares memorable experiences he has had in his coaching that Dan has found more rewarding than his own running. Dan discusses the journey leaving his full-time job as a mechanical engineer to pursue coaching full-time. He also answers three different questions from his athlete Erin, his wife Allie, and friend Lauren on running training. Lastly, Dan provides insight on why people should invest in a running coach and previews exciting growth for the DW Running team.
- DW Running’s Website
- DW Running’s Facebook
- DW Running’s Twitter: @DWRunning
- DW Running’s Instagram: @dwrunning1
- Subscribe to The Running On Om podcast on iTunes
- Leave a written review of the podcast on iTunes
- Tweet or email a screenshot of your review to @runningonom or email@example.com. Entries accepted until 11:59pm PST November 30, 2015. Winner will be randomly chosen and announced by December 2, 2015. If you have already written a review, you are still eligible to enter the giveaway by submitting a screenshot of your past review.
- The Oiselle outfit features a Wazzie Wool Base Layer in black and Lux Pants.