In Spring of 2013, I discovered a soul sister on Instagram. A soul sister is someone who shares your passions, inspirations, and gets you.
Lottie is passionate about plant based cooking and pursuing a healthy lifestyle. Her Instagram @runnningonveggies is one of the most creative, beautiful, and nutritious compilation of plant-based creations I have ever seen. Lottie lives in New York City and when she is not studying for college classes, she is selling raw/vegan deserts and developing recipes for the highly-regarded Candle Cafe.
One of my favorite recipes on Lottie’s blog is her Monkey Bread. I adapted Lottie’s recipe to include my food favs of Purely Elizabeth and Nuttzo. As I recently announced, I have become an Athlete Ambassador for Nuttzo. Check out my post on what Nuttzo stands for and why I joined the Nuttzo family.
If you are interested in making this delicious Purely Nuttzo Bread and want to buy Nuttzo online, use my Running On Om discount code that will give you 15% off your Nuttzo purchase with the code of Runningonom-15. Please comment on this post or the Running On Om Facebook Page and let me know how your experience making the Purely Nuttzo Bread went!
I hope to have Lottie on the ROO podcast soon and get to share her story with all of you!
- 2.5 cup Purely Elizabeth’s Apple Cinnamon Pecan Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup Nuttzo (Power FUEL * Smooth with Chia)
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- Dash of cinnamon
- Mash three bananas and place aside.
- Mix Purely Elizabeth’s Apple Cinnamon Pecan Oatmeal in food processor until it becomes a flour. Add the remaining dry ingredients (baking powder, chia seeds, hemp seeds, and cinnamon) and mix in food processor.
- Add the wet ingredients (bananas, Nuttzo, almond milk, apple sauce, and vanilla extract) to the food processor and mix everything.
- Bake in a loaf pan at 350 °F for 35-40 minutes. Remove from pan, let cool, and then enjoy!